Did you know that the fastest human can out-run an angry elephant? Or that the there is a marathon runner that is probably older than your great-grandparents? Let’s learn more about running.
1. Who is the fastest person in the world? Meet Usain Bolt from Jamaica at http://bitly.com/1VST8lJ who can run faster than you can ride a bike. He ran 100 meters in 9.58 seconds, which is about 23 MPH. See how this compares to other animals, at http://bit.ly/1XJTiKy.
3. T/F Can a 100 year-old-person run a marathon? Meet Fauja Singh, aka the “Turbined Tornado” http://bitly.com/230ALxd. He’s the oldest man to complete a marathon.
4. What is the longest marathon? The Sri Chinmoy Self-Transcendence 3100 Mile Race takes 51 days to complete. What to try? Here’s the site http://bit.ly/1T5cGlS.
5. I’m a good runner, and I want some money. What’s the best race to enter? Try your luck at the Dubai Marathon http://www.dubaimarathon.org because you could win $200,000. Here’s how the different races compare http://bit.ly/1UhU0kk .
1. Find a race near you http://bit.ly/1iCyi3K
2. Play some running games http://bit.ly/1yK5vY4
———————————————————————————————————————————————— LittleClickers.com (this page and the associated web site) is sponsored by Computer Explorers. Neither Children’s Technology Review (publisher of LittleClickers) or Computer Explorers has any vested interest in any of the sites listed on this page. Librarians and teachers are permitted to copy this page for non-profit use. To report a bad link, use this form, or contact us. Copyright 2017, Children's Technology Review.