Download this page as a PDF
Forty seven years ago in the month of July (July 20, 1969 to be exact) the Apollo 11 space mission landed a man on the moon. Let’s explore this amazing place.
1. Can you live on the moon? Not without a really good space suit. The temperature goes from HOT (287 degrees F) to COLD (-243 degrees F). There are some other problems, like a lack of air, food and plants. Learn about the moon surface at http://bit.ly/1JpGQfg.
2. Where on the moon did the Apollo astronauts land? Google Moon https://www.google.com/moon/ has cool maps of the landing sites, including links to the pictures that were taken there.
3. How big is the moon? This photo lets you see the answer http://bit.ly/292E8iT .
4. What US President decided we should visit the moon? The history of mission to the moon is explained at the JFK museum site http://bit.ly/1KgK0jM.
5. Can you name 10 inventions that came from the moon mission? Here’s a site that lists 15 http://bitly.com/29aBXtV
• When is the next full moon? Check out the moon’s schedule for this year- http://bit.ly/1TZOHBs
• If you weigh 100 pounds on earth, how much would you weigh on the moon? Use this Wonderopolis calcuator http://bitly.com/29hKBrF and find out• !
———————————————————————————————————————————————— LittleClickers.com (this page and the associated web site) is sponsored by Computer Explorers. Neither Children’s Technology Review (publisher of LittleClickers) or Computer Explorers has any vested interest in any of the sites listed on this page. Librarians and teachers are permitted to copy this page for non-profit use. To report a bad link, use this form, or contact us. Copyright 2017, Children's Technology Review.